What is shorthand?
Shorthand is an efficient transcribing method that transfers audible content to written symbols. Shorthand skills have long been important in professional occupations. They are crucial in the legal and medical fields, where speed and accuracy are paramount. At Pitman Training, you can expect to learn shorthand typing from the very best. In fact, Pitman Training’s founder, Sir Isaac Pitman, developed today’s most practised shorthand style nearly two centuries ago.
Why do I need to learn shorthand?
Learning shorthand typing helps develop administration and office skills. It helps you speed up transcription, improves accuracy, and aids listening skills. Even with technological advancements, shorthand remains a useful skill in many professions. It is also a valuable skill to save you time. Shorthand courses are essential in office-based roles, where recording and note-taking are important.
Why Choose Pitman Training for Shorthand Training?
- Our programmes have a strong reputation amongst employers for their high quality. A Pitman Training shorthand certification is considered the pinnacle of speedwriting excellence.
- Our shorthand training covers everything from learning the Teeline shorthand system to speedwriting and transcribing passages.
- Want to further enhance your skills and improve your employability? Combine your shorthand and speedwriting training with a related Pitman Training course. Touch typing courses often pair well with shorthand training.
- You can find our shorthand training centres across the UK. Courses run all year, but there are also online shorthand and speedwriting courses. These courses suit those who prefer working from home.
- With Pitman, you can choose to learn shorthand anytime you like. Whether full-time or part-time, you enjoy a flexible schedule that suits your schedule.